Losing your luggage in a train station or an airport is one of the most horrible things that can happen when you are traveling. This may imply that you spend your holiday without your personal belongings. Or that you will spend your entire business trip in the same suit you came, or worse, you will be compelled to buy another set of clothes, which will cost you. No matter the occasion, lost bags can be a real nightmare. Fortunately, some people thought of this issue and tried to fix it. And guess what? They did it. That was how the best luggage trackers came into existence.
What is a luggage tracker?
A luggage tracker is a simple device that will search and locate your bags using either GPS technology or GSM signal. Basically, you will have to place the device in your bag, download an application, and then activate the transmitter. You will be able to see on the app, which will display a map, where exactly is your luggage. Simple, right?
Types of luggage trackers
As I said before, there is more than one type of trackers. The GSM one is very popular because it uses cell towers as a means to locate your bag. People prefer this one because they believe it’s the most accurate. The thought is based on the fact that cell towers are virtually everywhere. You cannot go anywhere without having service. There are, of course, locations where cell towers are scarce, but they are still there. And this puts people’s mind at ease. They live under the impression that their luggage can be located at any given time, wherever they are in the world, which is comforting.
There are also luggage trackers that use GPS technology to search and find items. People often use them as luggage locators, but they have a variety of otherpurposes, from finding pets to locating stolen vehicles and whatnot. It is a versatile technology, after all. The system is as reliable as GSM, the only difference being that it uses satellites and not cell towers. As you may already know, satellite signal can often be lost, but so can the cell tower signal. There is no way of telling which one is which. It also depends on the manufacturer and the product which is released on the market.
Bluetooth technology is also used when it comes to luggage trackers. However, this one is not as reliable as the other two. This tracking system relies on proximity, which is not always the case. Yes, you can walk around the airport and wait for the device to beep once you get close, but on wider ranges, this thing is utterly useless. It works best for keys, phones, or other things you lose inside the house or at work, but I would never recommend it as a luggage locator. Unless, of course, it also incorporates GPS.
The benefits of using a luggage locator
Now, if you have ever lost your luggage in an airport, you can skip this part because you know precisely what I am talking about. The advantages of having a luggage locator somehow reveal themselves to people who went through the horrible experience of spending their time away without their bags. Or coming home without any bags and without any memories.
- You will never ever lose your luggage again. How comforting does that sound? You can put your mind at ease knowing that the second that plane lands, you can check tour phone and see if the luggage is in the same zipcode as you are. Airport workers don’t always manage to load all the bags, which means some of them get left behind. As tragic as that may sound, there is something that can be even more tragic: to never get ahold of your baggage. The luggage tracker eliminates that issue. Worst case scenario is that your bag was left behind at the airport you flew from, but you know exactly where it is, and you can retrieve it with ease. There is the word ‘worse’ in the previous sentence, but it doesn’t sound so bad to me as ‘Your bag is gone forever.’
- Losing your luggage was never this easy. It’s one thing for your bag to get left behind by others, but it’s an entirely different thing to lose it yourself. Airports or trains stations are crowded places, and you may have multiple bags. There is a possibility to misplace one, isn’t there? But with a luggage tracker, there is no need for you to go looking like crazy or retrace your every step in thesearch for your baggage. Just open the application that comes with the tracker, and you will find your bags in a matter of minutes. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
- Thieves don’t stand a chance with a luggage locator. You and I both know they exist and make a living out of people’s second of misplaced attention. But if you insert a tracking device in the luggage, they will be easy to catch. Just make sure to place it so they cannot find it easily. Filing a police report will take some time and locating your bag even longer. Like this at least you trace your bag faster.
If you like those benefits, I urge you to buy one of these devices. They will literally make your flight a little more pleasant. Frequent flyers know about the stress which comes with baggage claim. Until you don’t see that bag on the carousel, your heart skips a beat. Which is why, on behalf of all people who do a lot of traveling, get a luggage tracker.
What is the best luggage tracker?
We covered what a luggage tracker is and why it is so important to have one, but which one to choose? I must say that it is a tough call. There are so many on the market that it would be impossible to figure it out which one is the best. Fortunately, there are people like me who like to try stuff and then talk about it. I’m not saying that I tried them all. I, like yourself right now, looked and did my research to see what other people tried and reviewed. I picked three of them and put them to the test. Here is what followed.
Honestly, I fell in love with this one. Particularly because of its battery lifespan. The manufacturer said that it should last 15 days. It only lasted 13, but my God, almost 2 weeks is as best as it gets for such a device. There are devices with a longer lifespan for batteries, but they are not very good locators. So my guess is that you, as well as myself, prefer a shorter life for the battery but a better accuracy in finding your luggage, right?
The device is small, compact design, which makes it easy to hide. I hid it in one of those small toys you tie to your keys, and then put it in one of the side pockets of my duffel.
The app is very easy to use. It doesn’t have useless features, which is nice. I like my apps clean. I tested the device multiple times (maybe that is why in only lasted 13 days). While I was on the plane, it was silent. It appears that it goes into sleep mode while on air. TSA regulations. But the minute I landed I could check the position of my duffel. Guess what? It worked like a charm. It showed the exact location, which was in the airport, on the carousel. So A for performance.
Lugloc uses GSM services to locate the luggage. So as long as you have cell signal, everything is traceable. It takes a bit too long to charge, but I plugged it in overnight when I was away, so it was all right. What I like is that the manufacturer also gives you a USB charger. You can charge it using your laptop or one of those power banks. Overall, this product is excellent. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Pebblebee Honey Tracker of Valuables
I was skeptic about this one, which is why I used it on a short flight trip. I said that I do not recommend luggage trackers that use Bluetooth because they use proximity as a means of locating. That is weak, and I don’t believe in it, so to speak. But this one surprised me a little bit. It may work on Bluetooth, but it is also able to show you the last GPS location of the item. So yeah, usually it will use proximity, but if you need it, you can locate your lost luggage by finding out its last GPS coordinates. If the bag is still there, then it’s a win for the Pebblebee. If not…told you so.
The battery still works. It is supposed to last 1 year, and then you can change it. You even get a small, special tool to remove the lid, because this luggage locator is the size of a coin. It would be hardjust to use your fingers. I like the battery part that it lasts so long, but I would have preferred a better locating system.
However, the location system it does have works as best as it can. The range is 150 feet, which I hear is about half more than other similar devices. The main idea is that it did manage to notify me when my luggage was on the carousel. I think it comes in handy if you fly somewhere in a Boeing 747. The number of bags that can get out of one of those planes is enormous. So instead of standing for a half an hour beside the carousel, just sit, relax, and wait for the phone to beep that your luggage is near you.
I will use this device in the future, but not on international flights. I still don’t trust it well enough. But as I said, if you fly frequent, but locally, this device is perfect. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Americaloc Micron Plus GPS Tracker
This device is different than the other two I talked about above. This one uses GPS location technology, and it works like a charm. I am extremely satisfied with it. I took it to a trip to South America, and I knew where the luggage was the whole time, whether I was close to it or not. It took only a minute to update its location. You can draw the conclusion yourself here.
Do you know what I liked the most? That there is no paperwork. The device came with a SIM card, and I had to activate it. But if I don’t want to use it for the next 2 months, I don’t have to pay for it. There is no contract. It’s like a pre-pay phone. I pay as I go. Which is nice. The bill doesn’t keep coming although I don’t use it. A lot of people like that, myself included. There are people who only travel twice a year. What is the point in having to pay 12 months when you only need it for two? The people from Americaloc got that and acted in consequence.
The battery lasts about 3 or 4 days, which is about enough for a trip. I feel safer if the battery lasts longer, but with this product this all you are going to get. As I understand this model has a twice the battery lifespan than the previous one, which is a plus. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I suppose you can guess that I am not going to recommend the Pebblebee. No offense to the manufacturer, it’s nothing personal. I don’t trust Bluetooth. It has nothing to do with the product itself. It was a tough choice between the Lugloc and the Americaloc. But in the end, Lugloc won simply because it has a better battery. As far as the location performance goes, they were both perfect, but the Lugloc will last longer.
I think I covered just about everything you need to make a decision. I hope I’ve been of real help. The need for a luggage tracker is inevitable nowadays, and the better the device, the better you will feel. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Smart Carry on Luggage Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Trakdot Luggage Tracker?
- A Fool’s Guide to Luggage with Gps
- Bag Tracker for Dummies
- A History of Luggage Tracker App Refuted
- Unusual Facts About Luggage Tracker Device
- The Basics of Where to Buy Luggage
- The War Against Gps Luggage
- The Buy Luggage Game
- Get the Scoop on Baggage Tracker Before You’re Too Late
- The Basic Facts of Luggage Finder
- A Review of Bluesmart Suitcase
- What Does Luggage Locator Mean?
- Get the Scoop on Gps for Luggage Before You’re Too Late
- Reported Hype on Luggage Tracker Gps Revealed
- Be the Very First to Know What an Old Pro Thinks About Best Luggage Tags
- The Advantages of Luggage Gps Tracker
- What Suitcase Tracker Is – and What it Is Not
- The Gps Tracker for Luggage Chronicles
- Details of Luggage Tracking
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Tracking Bags
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Luggage Gps?
- What is Truly Happening with Smart Suitcase
- The Hidden Gem of Track Luggage
- Know What Gurus Think About Luggage Tracking Device
- New Questions About Gps Luggage Tracker Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Unanswered Concerns on Best Carry on Luggage
- The Battle Over Smart Luggage and How to Win It
- Luggage Tracker Help!
- Top Luggage Gps Tags Choices
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Gps Tags for Luggage and Why You Must Take Action Today
- Gps Bag Tracker – Overview
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Tech Luggage
- The New Fuss About Luggage Tracking Tags
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Baggage Tracer